Junkfood Science: Note to My Readers

September 20, 2014

Note to My Readers

Dear Readers,

Thank you, again, for your continued support. I still passionately believe that everyone deserves sound information about their bodies and health, food, and the world we live in. I also believe that public policies and clinical guidelines should be based on sound science and reasoned risk-benefit analysis, and have been proven to be of help and not harm to people. This is especially important in today's expansion of junk science, disinformation and doublespeak, political and marketing agendas, and media bias. Of special concern is how science is being redefined to no longer mean the reasoned, careful scientific process that has guided progress, making it even harder for people to differentiate sound science from junk. And, as a medical professional, it is very disturbing to see medical ethics being redefined to govern lifestyles and increase the power of government while undermining the choices of individual. My personal commitment is unchanged and I hope to be able to return to this work one day. In the interim, the research reviewed and analyzed here will provide you with the tools to "step and repeat" with studies and news reports you encounter everyday. You'll also find valuable news and information from the sites on my Blogroll on the lower right hand column, as well as a search engine to find topics of interest from past posts. I'm leaving this site up in hopes that the information will continue to be of help to you.

Warmly,

Sandy
Bookmark and Share